The trustees held their 5th meeting last April 25, 2017 in the office of Mayor Guia Gomez. In attendance were Interim President Gerry Ozaeta, Executive Director Msgr. Nestor Cerbo, Treasurer Carlos Aguila, Mary Pacheco, Noemi Saludo, Angel Liwag, Jr. in behalf of Raffy Villavicencio, Rhina Bautista in behalf of Sen. JV Ejercito, and Scarlet Jocson in behalf of Lily Lim.
Major matters taken up and agreed upon :
- Due to time constraints , the foundation’s kick off concert featuring The Angelos and PDA Champion Laarni Lozada was postponed to July 15 which happens to be SJBP’s founding anniversary. While it was considered to hold the concert in Music Museum, it was unanimously decided to retain our parish church as the venue. There will be Premium seats at higher prices, while general admission tickets will be sold at only P200.00.
- For our church to be an ideal wedding venue, it was agreed that we do not need a long aisle but an efficient air-conditioning system and good landscaping where the couples can have their pictorial.
- Groundbreaking for the Parish Center will push through on the Feast Day of St. John the Baptist on June 24. Cardinal Tagle graciously accepted our invitation to lead the groundbreaking ceremony at 5:00 pm and preside the Fiesta Mass at 6:00 pm.
- The Project Architect presented his revised floor plan for the Parish Center which will have 3 floors with a provision for a 4th floor for future expansion.
- Basement will house three mortuaries with each having a pantry, toilet and bath and rest area. Two of these mortuaries are convertible to a bigger one. There will also be an Admin office and Records Room.
- Ground floor will be the site of the Parish Office with Reception, Meeting Room and Pantry ; Multi-purpose Hall; Male and Female Toilets; Offices of the Parish Priest and Parochial Vicar.
- 2nd Floor will have 4 Priests’ residences ; Kitchen, dining room, leisure room ; multi- purpose room and storage.
- 3rd Floor will be the partially covered- Roof deck which can accommodate about 300 people. It will also have Male and Female toilets and a laundry and drying area .
In addition to the stairs which will have skylight roofing to provide light, there will be a ramp to provide access for the caskets and for the elderly. There is also a provision for an elevator should there be a need for one anytime in the future.
Also presented to the board was the revised design for the facade of the Parish Center. The trustees were one in saying that the design does not look compatible with the church and should be revised to harmonize with existing structure.
- While it was previously agreed that there is no need to extend the church backwards, Msgr. Cerbo is now presenting the idea of possibly expanding the church because of the expected increase in churchgoers once Rockwell Mall is operational. To save on cost , he said that it would be best to do the extension at the same time with the church renovation rather than doing it at a much later date. He added that with the air- conditioning in place, our close proximity to Rockwell and having several mass schedules on Sundays, our parish will be filled to the rafters. While Msgr.’s observation was well taken, the board opted to “wait and see” then decide when the need arises.
by: Bebat Nabong