Last September 17, 2017 at around 3:00 pm, our Parish Social Services and Development Ministry (PSSDM) held its regular Urban Family Partners’ Monthly Meeting at our Parish’s St. Joseph Chapel.
Opening prayer was led by Sis Rowena Mariano from Brgy. Isabelita, followed by Sunday’s Gospel Reading (Mt 18:21-35) by Sis Nora Peña from Corazon de Jesus. The Gospel’s Exegesis by Msgr. Nestor C. Cerbo was re-echoed and shared by yours truly.
The agenda discussed were the following:
- Shepherding – (facilitated by Sis Bernadette E. Ramirez) – Community Empowerment; Monitoring Report for Re-mapping of Community Family Partners; Regular attendance of Family Partners during Monthly Meeting will be monitored by Caritas Manila.
- Teaching – (facilitated by Bro. Buenaventura (Boy) S. Eli, Jr.) – Cascaded “Values of Relationship” – relationship with God, For Family, For Others and for Oneself/selves.
- Mission – (facilitated by Sis Monica E. Griba)
- YSLEP – Discussed about the qualifications/requirements for scholarship’s applicants; Sis Rowena Mariano, parent of YSLEP Scholar Maricris Mariano who already graduated last 2016 and a CPA Board Passer, shared also to everyone how Caritas Manila helped them a lot and her gratefulness for giving her the opportunity to serve also as a YSLEP Coordinator during Sis Niña Tolledo’s time.
- Damayan (Health) – (facilitated by Sis Bernadette) – Discussed the clinic procedures/regulations.
- Other Concerns – Informed everyone the upcoming 64th Caritas Anniversary
Thre were nine (9) Volunteers, five (5) Shepherds and thirty (30) Family Partners who attended the said meeting.
Closing prayer was recited by Sis Teresita C. Pascual from Brgy. St. Joseph and our meeting adjourned at around 4:30pm.
The next meeting will be on October 15, 2017.
By: Melinda S. Eli