Our Parish Social Services & Development Ministry (PSSDM) held its Monthly Meeting at the Ground Floor of our Parishs Formation Center last May 12, 2018 at 2:00 PM. Attendees were as follows: Bernadette E. Ramirez, Lilian D. Lee, Monica E. Griba, Cherry B. Estocado, Azucena G. Acoba, Julieta B. Maneja, Diana T. Cabubas, Cynthia A. Jimeno, Jasmin Lumanog, Janet A. Arinzol, Jocelyn S. Bahian, Melanie R. Solera, Jocelyn R. Batalla, Susan C. Labaco, Hilda C. Arinzol, Fernando Estuaria, Ma. Theresa Flameniano, Jennylin Aquino and myself, Melinda S. Eli.
Our meeting started with an opening prayer led by Sis Susan, followed by Sunday Gospel Reading (Mark 16: 15-20), “Solemnity of the Ascension of the Lord” by Sis Jennylin, while the Exegesis of our beloved Guest Priest, Rev. Fr. Mark Marbella was read by yours truly. Short personal reflections about the Gospel were shared by Sisters Lilian, Bermadette, Cynthia, Hilda and Diana. It was all about on how our Ministry is trying to fulfill the farewell instructions of our Lord Jesus “Go to the whole world and proclaim the Good News to all peoples,” by sharing our 3T’s (time, talent and treasure) in serving and proper relationship with other people in our community thru Volunteerism.
Then, we proceeded with our agenda for further discussion.
A.1 VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT
- Deadline of Submission of Vicariate Monthly Report will be on May 30, 2018 (Monitoring Tool: Vicariate and PSSDM Monthly Report.
- Alay Kapwa
- # of Volunteers recruited with Volunteer Form#1 and with ID picture attached to it;
- Schedule/Attendance of Orientation; On the Job Training of New Volunteers;
- Status of Alay Kapwa (2nd Collection);
- Requirements for Priorities Parishes;
- Masterlist of Official Parish SSDM Representative including New Volunteers Recommended by Parish Priest.
- Submission of Complete Damayan Team with Damayan Volunteer Profile with Picture
- Members of Vicariate Health Speakers Bureau
- Permanent Volunteer for Good Samaritan Program Coordinator
A.2 COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT
- Schedule of Pre-Clustering Orientation of Community Family Partners
- Submission of Family Members with attached pictures and payment for Family Booklets
- Schedule of Proper Clustering with the Parish Priest
- May 19, 2018 – Talk of Fr. Anton C. T. Pascual at San Carlos Seminary 8:00am – 12:00noon (Vicariates of Pasay, San Juan & Mandaluyong)
- MISSION : YSLEP (Youth Servant Leadership & Education Program)
- May 26, 2018 – Graduates Annual Recognition and Kairos at Sta. Isabel Manila; 8:00AM
- Other Matters: Upcoming Parish Fiesta Activities assigned by our Parish Priest, Msgr. Nestor C. Cerbo
Closing Prayer was led by Sis Bernadette and the meeting was ended at 4:30pm. The next meeting will be on June 09, 2018.
God Bless everyone!
By: Melinda S. Eli